LEAP helps clients maximise soil reuse in development projects and minimse waste to landfill. We help our clients develop more sustainably, maximise re-use of soils and dramatically reduce waste, saving carbon and reducing landfill tax costs.
LEAP provide the following Material Management support services to our clients
- Provision of expert advice and support with the application of the Definition of Waste: Code of Practice (DoW:CoP) administered by CL:AIRE, which may, under certain circumstances enable the re-use of excavated soils on development sites without the need for an environmental agency exemption or environmental permit.
- Preparation of Material Management Plans (MMPs) setting out how those will be managed and reused on site in accordance with the code of practice.
- LEAP provide Qualified Person services ensuring substance reuse is legally compliant. Any of our regional offices can provide further information and advice on this.
- On site engineering support, helping our clients manage substances generated during the construction project, ensuring they are reused safely, in line with the site Material Management plan avoiding unnecessary disposal of them to landfill.
Since April 2022 LEAP has:
- Prepared Materials Management Plans (MMPs) for numerous medium and strategic sized development sites
- Many with multiple development phases
- Facilitated transfers of substances between sites and between developers
- Enabled the reuse of over 120,000m3 of subsoil and topsoil
- Saving over 3000 tCo2e
- Diverted material from landfill and providing savings for our clients of more than £3.6m
- Reduced the use of virgin materials or import of factory produced soils (e.g. topsoil)
Get in touch to discuss your project and how we can support you manage your materials.